Welcome to the EWC Library. This guide will assist you in finding the books, databases and other materials necessary for your class and the tools to make the best use of these materials.
The mission of Eastern Wyoming College Library is to take primary responsibility for meeting the library needs of Eastern Wyoming College students by acquiring, organizing and disseminating recorded information which supports the educational program of the college and lifelong learning.
Reference services, bibliographic instruction, interlibrary loan services are provided.
Ask a Librarian
Are you befuddled, bemused, bedazzled, befogged or feeling bewitched and drowning in a sea of information? At a loss to know what to do next or which way to turn? Ask a Librarian!! Please be patient and i send me an e-mail message and I will respond. E-mail me at: email@example.com BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE MESSAGE!!! Just know that if I am not here, it may be the next day before I am able to answer your question. Becky
Get connected to the library
Here are ways to connect to the library and staff.
PRIMO Search: the library at your fingertips
Find books, journal articles and more with PRIMO. Search all library resources with a single click!
EWC Library Video Tutorial
EWC Library Resources
- An EWC library card and pin are required to access library resources from off-campus.
- If a book or article is not available in full-text, then use Interlibrary Loan to request the item.
- Materials are sent free of charge. You are expected to pay the return postage on books. Copies of articles do not need to be returned.
- If the item is available at EWC Library it will be sent as soon as possible.
- If the item has to be borrowed from another library it may take 2-3 weeks. Articles are received more quickly than books.
As EWC is a community college, it is the responsibility of the library to cooperate in offering the services of of the library to meet the needs of the students, staff and community.
- BOOKS AND PERIODICALS
Books are checked out for one month, periodicals for two weeks and other items as necessary. Renewals are limited but can be requested unless there is a call for material by another patron. Materials may be renewed via the WyLDCAT, by phone or in person. Call 307-532-8210 (800-658-3195 and ask for ext.8210) for assistance.
Fines are not levied on materials other than reserve items. However, no further checkouts will be permitted until materials are returned. EWC students will have holds placed on registration until materials are returned.
- LOST MATERIALS
A charge will be levied for lost materials. The patron will be charged the current replacement price plus a processing fee of $15.00 for each lost book. EWC students will have holds placed on registration until materials are returned or the replacement costs are paid.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Closed Holidays and College Closure Days
Exceptions will be posted.
Library Staff Contacts
Becky Lorenz 532-8210
Casey Debus 532-8375
EWC Library Fax number
What can I borrow?
- All library materials except microforms, reference books, videos, skulls, and skeletons.
How long are loans?
- Books - 1 month
- Periodicals - 2 weeks
- Other items as necessary
How can I renew items?
- Renewals may be made in person, by accessing My Account on WyLD, by phone: 307.532.8210.
What if it's overdue or lost?
- If declared lost, the cost for replacement is $15 plus cost of item.
- For more information contact library staff.
Can I borrow from other libraries?
- Yes, EWC library is a member of WyLD and has access to libraries across Wyoming.